cristald has not voted in the 2017 OC HOT LIST.
1. Ambiance- It is casual but not too much so. It is comfy and you feel right at home. Get there early because the booths fill up fast and people have a tendency to hang around in it long after they are done eating. During the day, my absolute favorite table is the window table.The windows open right up and you feel like you are in Mexico except you are inhaling the fumes from Harbor Blvd. It is not that bad; I sait it was my favorite seat didn't I?
2. Service and People - They are so nice and friendly there. One of the waiters still remembers me from the very first day and always makes me feel so welcome. The service is quick and with a smile. And for the people; I run into someone I know there every single time. Yes, every time. Note to self: Do not go to The Matador on a "no make-up day".
3. Food - In a word: AMAZING! Not your typical Mexican fare here! I can't even explain it. It is just good. I love the Mole sauce and for desert? Get the CARROT CAKE! Somehow they took my favorite desert and made it better! Or their crazy cookie ice cream thing! I couldn't decide so I got one for there and one to go! Bad, I know!
4. Drinks- They have all the usuals on tap, full bar and I don't know how they do this but their specialty drinks are Margaritas, Sangria and Mojitos! All are delicious!!!!!
5. Specials - These are important so pay attention!
*Monday - Half off all wine by the glass!
*Tuesday - TACO TUESDAY!
*Wednesday - Handcrafted $5 Margaritas 2pm-2am today every Wednesday at Matador!
*Happy Hour- MON-FRI 2PM-6PM
$3 DOMESTIC BEERS, $4 IMPORT, $4 WELLS, $5 CALLS
AND $5 APPS!
*LUNCH - THEY are open! Many places in Downtown Fullerton are NOT. They have an amazing lunch menu for around $8.00 bucks! You can't even get fast food for that. You will love this. Get the grilled veggie torta!
Bourbon Street, How do I love thee? Let me count the ways!
1. It's in downtown Fullerton so I don't have to go far
2. Food - delicious!!!!!
3. Atmosphere - always fun and cozy and so welcoming
4. It's the next best thing to being in the Big Easy (thought I would love to go there soon)
5. Mardi Gras this Tuesday!
cristald has not cast any votes in the 2017 OC HOT LIST.